As y’all know…I’ve had it with my job and terrible principal. With 6 weeks remaining, I’m ready to bow out.
But before I go, I scheduled a meeting with the Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent to discuss what REALLY happened this year. Trust me, I don’t EVER want to work at this terrible school again, nor do I want to teach…excuse me RAISE tons of bad ass kids who parents don’t parent. It’s not worth it. These kids aren’t going to wrinkle my youthful skin and gray the waves in my hair. So i’m out. Officially.
I’m currently sending out my resume EVERYWHERE and applying EVERYWHERE. Only to find out that people think teachers have no skills. Girl BYE, i’d like to SEE someone who sits in an office from 9 – 5 do my job….This shit is exhausting, you get paid nothing, AND you get treated like dirt. So me and my Masters Degree in Music will be doing something else in life…What that is? F*ck if I know…But it will be way better than teaching raggedy children who don’t care. Pray for our future….
What I DO know is that this meeting this afternoon most likely will look like this….
Y’all know anyone hiring? OR rich baby daddies that want to take care of me? Anyone got an extra trust fund? Just let me know below.
This post has been a long time coming but as the end of the school year approaches and major changes in my life occur I need to vent.
I have never EVER in my life worked under such poor leadership. It is disgusting. I come to work dreading what the day will bring. He is literally one of the WORST individuals I have ever met. Maybe he’s just mad because he’s bald and has a terribly shaped head while my students compliment my waves?? He is mean, condescending, and frankly he hates black people. SURPRISE! He is black. While this is a bold statement, I need to point out that both black males have been pushed to the end and will not be returning next year. He blatantly gave me a low review DESPITE my glowing observations from other administration and staff.
Think of the worst curse word… and he is that. I’ll go with cunt. He is a CUNT. (Sorry y’all but i’m irate.)
Every time I see his Uncle Tom acting ass I want to rip the garbage picker from his hands and snap it over his head. Negro no one is asking for a handout but your blatant racism of your OWN RACE is shameful. Oh and you don’t think you are better than me. Lets compare degrees bitch. Can you send an email without saying “on tomorrow” ? Yeah probably not slut. Oh just you wait because we all know karma is a BITCH.
I am actually good at what I do. I have managed to walk into terrible programs and actually make students excited and have good results. Am I unconventional? Absolutely. I sometimes fake that I am a lazy teacher but honestly my students work every day for the full time. I’ve shown ONE movie this year and that was the day before Spring Break when I had it OFFICIALLY with my administrator fuck shit. Shutout to the teacher of the year that stays on Youtube and has students on their laptops everyday! QUALITY TEACHING!
Let it be known that you will NEVER run a successful school, business, hell ANYTHING by bullying your employees and making them feel small. What NC doesn’t need is to have more good teachers leave the field. In this school alone the turnover is disgusting. Four have left since the new year? WHAT?! I gave up on teaching this year. I have vowed to myself to never return in a classroom again. It is no longer worth it. So Friday I meet with human resources…Let’s all say a prayer that I don’t flip tables and throw chairs….No promises y’all….
So here’s to hoping my principal drinks bleach. CHEERS!
No lie, my life seems like a flop. SO I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands.
So here are five things that I WILL do this week.
1) Apply for new jobs – Dear NC…. EFF YOUR STUPID TEACHING SALARY. Dear Parents – I’M NOT YOUR BABY SITTING SERVICE. Dear Students – READ BOOKS. I’m pretty sure I’m going to join the many disgruntled teachers that leave the profession. I used to be excited for this job and trust me I LOVE working with students but….I’m ready to go. Public school teaching is not the answer for me. I’ve already applied for one new job this morning. (WORK!)
2) Run another 40 miles this week. The goal is to be SICKENING by summer. I have a bad habit of slacking off when life and work get busy or if I’m stressed/depressed. Then summer shows up and I’m like sh!t. So I’m getting intense early. My entire body is sore right now. Progress.
3) Find time to journal. I lose my mind when I don’t take the time to write at the end of the night. Maybe that’s why I feel so unsettled with life. I WILL write every. single. night.
4) Tell my coworker about herself. I get that I took your job but it’s time to stop babying me. It’s time to stop being bitter that I have your job. Leave me alone. I know what I’m doing and I’m better than you. So it’s time to let her know to back the hell away from me.
5) Be positive. Life is hard. Work sucks. I don’t get a weekend this week but there are blessings everyday…right?! Like this air I’m breathing or this clean water I’m drinking. So I’m going TRY….TRY and throw less shade and be a beacon of positivity. This might translate into me just being quiet but I’ve got to put out positive energy in order to attract it back.
What are your goals for the week? Any one have any tips on how to make major life changes? Any former teachers have suggestions on what to do after teaching?