This season is just amazing. This was another fantastic episode.
The episode starts with a goodbye to Gia. Oh well…
Darienne continues to show off her jealousy of Dela who is the first queen with two wins this season.
It’s time for the mini-challenge and THE LIBRARY IS OPEN, HUNTY!
These girls continue to show that the talent pool is deep with all the queens (except Laganja) getting off a funny line.
Let’s pause. I mentioned last week that Laganja is reasonably talented and brings strong looks and dance moves to the game. That said, her insecurity and lack of wit is really hurting her here. And her perpetual wounded routine is just unacceptable. SACK UP, HO and compete.
Back to the reads, my favorites were:
- “Miss Darienne Lake. You should be arrested for animal cruelty. The way you abuse those kitten heels on the runway is absolutely criminal.”
- “Adore. You know you’re from the West Coast because it’s a three-hour delay before you finally get a joke.”
- “Darienne Lake. This is a girl that probably sits reverse cowgirl on the toilet just so she has a flat surface to eat off of.”
- “(Slow) Adore Delano. I am going to say this very slowly so you can understand…you’re dumb.”
- “Miss Ben Dela Creme. After seeing you in drag, I realize now why Seattle has such a high suicide rate.”
- “Joslyn Fox. She’s so gay, even her asshole has a lisp.”
- “I know what you got on your SATs: ketchup.”
- “Trinity. I believe your smile belongs on season 4. Every day is Shark Week with your grill.”
- “Laganja, before you attempt another death drop, why don’t you do the reverse and drop dead?!”
I would have gone with Bianca, but Ru chooses Darienne Lake as the winner of the mini challenge.
Ru then announces that the dolls will be rapping in 90’s style rap song called “Oh No, She Betta Don’t!”
Let me tell you how I would have SLAYED this challenge. This is literally what I’ve been practicing for my entire adult life. I have a Spotify playlist that is essentially Trina, Khia, Lady, and La Chat music. Ugh, I’m already living. This isn’t the first time Ru has had the girls rap (Season 1 finale).
Anyways, Darienne picks Laganja, Bianca, Adore, and Courtney for her team. This leaves Dela, Trinity, Milk, and Joslyn for the other team. Dela is a bit offended since she’s the only challenge winner left out, but if anything, Darienne makes herself look worse being the weak link on a strong team of performers.
During prep for the challenge, Laganja tells us that she’s a rapper and a choreographer so this should be up her alley. I got a kick out of watching Bianca practice the moves. Adore, at her most drunken and adorable, when she yells that she hates Laganja’s dance moves for this challenge. That said, this group is way more apt to try this challenge.
Over on the other team, Dela has stepped up as the de facto leader. Trinity complains again that this is something she doesn’t do.
Like I told Laganja, SACK UP HO! This is not a show that cares about your strengths. Either get in where you fit in, or get out.
The rest of the preparations are uneventful outside of DeLa asking Darienne why she wasn’t picked. Darienne is salty about Dela’s wins but it seems like jealousy to me.
We jump to the recording session! Trina and Eve are here to mentor and serve as our guest judges.
Let me just…
The only highlight of the recording session is Darienne falling on some trash cans while looking like a Hefty bag.
But let’s to get to the song and 90’s look for the video review. The song as a whole is really fun and I can’t stop listening to it.
Joslyn Fox – Killed it. I’ve been a fan for several weeks but it’s so good to see her place in the top. She pulls out the sass for her verse and her look is completely appropriate. Her makeup is a little dark though.
Ben DelaCreme – Great verse. Pulled it off way more than I thought she would. She definitely reminded me of this though.
Trinity K. Bonet – Her verse is actually not that bad, even though her attitude is trash. Love the wig she had for the video. Very Salt/early 90’s Halle Berry. She was smart to leave the flipper out for the video.
Milk – Her verse doesn’t make a ton of sense, but I thought she acquitted herself well to this challenge. Her dance was hilarious. The look wasn’t great though.
Laganja Estranga – No ma’am. For someone who likes to rap and did a great job in her Cover Gurlz cover, this was weak. She lost the beat, her verse wasn’t interesting. I honestly would have put her in the bottom for this.
Darienne Lake – Wow. This is awful. Her look is hilarious (see aforementioned Hefty Bag) but she’s not on the beat and her rhymes don’t make any sense.
Bianca Del Rio – Continues to be flawless. I love her shout out to Left Eye (should have had a condom monocle though!) and her verse used her strengths well.
Adore Delano – Brought it. Completely nailed the attitude and sass. Great lines. Her look was on point. She just rocked this.
Courtney Act – I actually love her verse. Her look wasn’t memorable but she did well too.
We jump to the runway and the dolls are informed to be “Crazy, Sexy, Cool” and show off their favorite body part.
Joslyn looks okay, but she desperately needs to step up her wardrobe. She’s actually very similar to Adore in that she is a young queen who doesn’t have access to greatest costumes. With a boost of income, I think she could create a more defined persona. Her body just doesn’t look as great as she think it does. Dela serves us rich bish in with a snow leopard muff that I enjoy. I really like her drawn-on beauty mark. That’s really smart. Laganja looks stupid. I’ve defended her in prior recaps but she really didn’t bring it here. Darienne looks pretty but basic. More Lane Bryant Realness. Trinity looks fabulous, although a bit of padding around her boobs would have hid the boyish-ness of her midsection more. That said, her face is beat for the gods. Bianca looks incredible and really has toned down her makeup. This is a queen playing to win. She still needs to rock a new silhouette. Courtney comes out with a stunning sleeping bag ensemble, only to reveal a plain pink bikini. I know that Class loves this look, but I think that the reveal really should have been something more dramatic. She has a fabulous body, but this isn’t as exciting as it could have been. Milk is trying to deliver something more feminine. I didn’t mind this look, but it definitely isn’t her best work. Adore has continuously stepped up. I think this is the best she has looked on the runway. The length on this gown is so short that it reads as mid-length which I think helps.
The judges send Courtney, Dela, and Laganja to safety. Bianca, Joslyn, and Adore are the top three with the judges calling out Joslyn’s fashions. Santino continues to be useless, not really understanding Bianca’s video look. Michelle still hates Adore’s wardrobe but probably needs to let that go.
Darienne, Milk, and Trinity are in the bottom. Darienne’s terrible rap is critiqued while Trinity makes EVEN MORE EXCUSES.
So over her.
When we return to the runway, Adore is the winner! Totally agree. Her verse was spot on and she really nailed it this week. Darienne is sent to safety leaving Milk and Trinity to lip sync to Whatta Man by Salt N Pepa f. En Vogue.
Trinity may be completely useless, but she f*cking BROUGHT IT. When she says she can lip sync, she’s totally correct. Her concentrated focus and ability to convey sensuality embody the song and she is saved over Milk. To her credit, Milk did an okay lip sync but lacked the connection to the song. She’s sent home and comes across grateful, a welcome change from noted dumbass Gia.
As more me, I actually would have put Milk in the safe group. Her verse was not too bad. My bottom three would have been Trinity, Darienne, and Laganja, with the latter two lip syncing.
In Untucked, the only thing of note is a “letter” from Gia Gunn. It’s not funny or even really insulting. If this wonky bitch comes back later, I’m going to throw something.
What did you all think?? Who is going to the finale? If I had to rank the queens now, it’s look something like this.
1) Bianca – The clear favorite at this point. Her consistent level of competence means she should be safe until the final 3.
2) Adore – The young upstart. Her fashions are weak, but she’s shown the she has innate charisma and star quality.
3) Dela – The most wins and a definable character and aesthetic. If she lets the shade roll off her back, she can push past Michelle’s hateration.
4) Courtney – She’s a flawless beauty. But she’s going to have to start stepping up in the main challenges in order to not get lapped.
5) Joslyn – I personally want to put Joslyn above Courtney, but her fashion sense is holding her back. She’s been killing it though. She’s the spoiler here.
6) Darienne – Clearly has talent and style. She needs to be more adaptable if she wants to get out of the basement.
7) Trinity – Has 2 talents, look and lip sync. She isn’t bad at any of the challenges but her personality is going to keep her out of the finale.
8) Laganja – Out of her league at this point. She simply doesn’t have innate charisma and her special snowflake attitude is just the pits.
Let us know your ranking and thoughts on the episode in the comments or over on Twitter (@ClassNTrashShow). Bye y’all!