No lie, my life seems like a flop. SO I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands.
So here are five things that I WILL do this week.
1) Apply for new jobs – Dear NC…. EFF YOUR STUPID TEACHING SALARY. Dear Parents – I’M NOT YOUR BABY SITTING SERVICE. Dear Students – READ BOOKS. I’m pretty sure I’m going to join the many disgruntled teachers that leave the profession. I used to be excited for this job and trust me I LOVE working with students but….I’m ready to go. Public school teaching is not the answer for me. I’ve already applied for one new job this morning. (WORK!)
2) Run another 40 miles this week. The goal is to be SICKENING by summer. I have a bad habit of slacking off when life and work get busy or if I’m stressed/depressed. Then summer shows up and I’m like sh!t. So I’m getting intense early. My entire body is sore right now. Progress.
3) Find time to journal. I lose my mind when I don’t take the time to write at the end of the night. Maybe that’s why I feel so unsettled with life. I WILL write every. single. night.
4) Tell my coworker about herself. I get that I took your job but it’s time to stop babying me. It’s time to stop being bitter that I have your job. Leave me alone. I know what I’m doing and I’m better than you. So it’s time to let her know to back the hell away from me.
5) Be positive. Life is hard. Work sucks. I don’t get a weekend this week but there are blessings everyday…right?! Like this air I’m breathing or this clean water I’m drinking. So I’m going TRY….TRY and throw less shade and be a beacon of positivity. This might translate into me just being quiet but I’ve got to put out positive energy in order to attract it back.
What are your goals for the week? Any one have any tips on how to make major life changes? Any former teachers have suggestions on what to do after teaching?
Happy Monday Y’all!