I love Ms. Britney Jean Spears. I really do. However, someone out there in the internet had the nerve to ask, “Why does Britney Spears always get snubbed at the Grammy’s?” Excuse me?! Britney is the princess of pop but she has fallen off of the throne. You can’t be mad at her either. All she wants to do is have a family, raise her kids, drink a frap, and eat Cheetos. CAN SHE LIVE??! Yet y’all keep demanding more from her and she drags her lazy butt out on the stage only for people to be disappointed in her performance. The Grammy’s haven’t snubbed her, they just recognize that she lacks depth. I understand that at one point she served us aggressive hair flips and fierce choreography….
But recently…. not so much….
1) We all understand that Britney does not sing live a lot of the time. (Trying to be nice here.) Why? Because this is what it sounds like live….
Girl what are those notes? What are those runs?! Is anything about this Grammy worthy?! GURL BYE! PLEASE keep it real and don’t lie on this girl and say those were flawless vocals. Can you imagine at this years Grammy Britney following a P!nk or Adele performance? That would be downright RUDE!
2) I can already hear the Brit stans saying, “Well Britney is a dancer. It has always been about performance not about her voice.” That’s good and all but we can’t forget this gem…..
When Rihanna is laughing…you REALLY have a problem.
3) Okay FINE that was a low blow. She was going through some things I get it. She was really slaying the dance scene during the femme fatale era correct? WRONG.COM She was just as lazy and uninspired as ever.
::lazily pops chests, jumps in air, flips blonde extensions::
I just don’t have the TIME. Whitney Houston….Celine Dion….Mariah Carey… THOSE women win Grammys….Britney Girl, you can win all the VMAs you want.
4) Maybe the Grammy’s are a bit upset that XFactor allowed her to judge SINGERS…. Out of all the people you could pick to judge SINGING, she might be the least qualified. Who are they going to ask next? Cassie? Ciara? Mickey Mouse? You failed Simon Cowell.
5) This Gif sums up how many bothers she has left to give…
I will give credit where credit is due. The new Vegas show looks really cute! I’m not flying out to Vegas to see it because frankly I can listen to the Cd’s and give fierce choreography in my apartment; BUT it does look like she is bending her knees more and flipping her hair with some passion. That should be applauded y’all! (No shade….okay a bit of shade.)
Moral of the story is: Entertaining? YES! Grammy award winner? No to the ma’am. Case closed. Bloopity bloop and plonk.
Am I the only one who thinks that if she wants a Grammy, she better work b*tch? What are your thoughts? Does Britney still have “it”? Go ahead and follow @ClassNTrashShow on twitter or just follow this blog and let us know in the comments! (Go do it now…RIGHT NOW!)